Gov’t Mule’s first release on ATO Records, The Deep End Volume 1, is the first of a three-part series (Volume 2 & the Mike Gordon directed documentary On The Banks, now called Rising Low) that features 25 of the world's premiere bass players. Volume 1 features singer/guitarist Warren Haynes and drummer Matt Abts with a different guest bass player on each of the 13 songs, including Bootsy Collins (P-Funk, James Brown), Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers), John Entwistle (The Who), Stefan Lessard (Dave Matthews Band) and Les Claypool (Primus).
Volume 1 also includes performances by Gregg Allman, Rob Barraco, Randall Bramblett, Jerry Cantrell, Audley Freed, Eddie Harsch, Chuck Leavell, Danny Louis, Paige McConnell, Little Milton, John Scofield, Derek Trucks and Bernie Worrell.
1. Fool's Moon (with Jack Bruce & Bernie Worrell)
2. Life on the Outside (with Larry Graham, Audley Freed, & Eddie Harsch)
3. On The Banks of the Deep End (with Mike Gordon & Danny Louis) 4. Down & Out In NYC (with Flea, Rob Barraco, Keith Barry, Mike Uhler, & Dan Weinstein)
5. Effigy (with Mike Watt & Jerry Cantrell)
6. Maybe I'm a Leo (with Roger Glover & Randall Bramblett)
7. Same Price (with John Entwistle & Page McConnell)
8. Soulshine (with Willy Weeks, Little Milton, & Chuck Leavell)
9. Sco Mule (with Chris Wood, John Scofield, & Bernie Worrell)
10. Worried Down With the Blues (with Oteil Burbridge, Derek Trucks, & Gregg Allman)
11. Beautifully Broken (with Stefan Lessard & Danny Louis)
12. Tear Me Down (with Bootsy Collins & Bernie Worrell)
13. Sin Is A Good Man's Brother (with Allen Woody)